Sunday, April 23, 2006

Surreal eState

the install process

Weekend of April 22nd, 2006

Installing a commissioned piece entitled "Pyramid Schemes",
part of my steel wool drawing series: Herd Mentality.
A schwank house on a majestic patch of land
St. Helena, CA. Wonderbread Weekender town
where resident hoi polloi fill your gas, your shopping bags, your cup.
It runneth over with frothy lattes and egos.
Lucky for me it's quiet up on the hill, a sort of vibrant silence.
Nature, me and more surrealist essays.
(on Joseph Cornell, Francis Alÿs, and Black Humor)

Pyramid Schemes

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashes77 said...

nice job, girl. good going. -J

12:05 AM  
Blogger mindsprinter said...

danks much.
funny…I printed out a handful of essays to read. ironically, two of them contained references to sheep: Alÿs (video) and Carrington (story)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Steven LaRose said...

This is the post that hooked me. Thanks for the link plug too! I tried to send you an email thank-you but your super powered spam blocker kicked me back. I love the zero drawings. Do have any shows coming up?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home