Thursday, September 28, 2006

Between Dusk & Dawn

Just got in from studio and too fumed out to think...so not too many words to post. Been thinking more about movement and silence (going back to that inadvertent water feature in my studio a few months back when Steven LaRose asked what I thought about while staring at that pool of water). Metaphorically, I like the time between dusk and dawn - the closing of one day and the beginning of another, tying in what Krishnamurti says in his essay, On Death, about dying a daily death as a way to see with fresh eyes.

Here are a few landscape studies I made in the last 2 days. Ashes asked if I used photos. No, they are all imaginary places, based on a mix of intuitive moving of paint and happy accidents I gladly take credit for. Excuse the badly lit, glarey shots. Currently reviving all the failed canvases in the studio and those scavenged from the trash in our building (my studio is right next to the garbage bins). No more buying of fresh new supplies for the moment, just going to concentrate on fresh new eyes.

click to enlarge.






4 Comments:

Blogger vosslermegan said...

Beautiful Reb! These are so moody. Feels like a change of season ( in the metaphorical sense, not in the autumn-leafy-kitschy sense).

12:52 PM  
Blogger mindsprinter said...

Thanks.

Subliminal seachange afoot?
(might explain the subconscious addition of the breaking wave)

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see some paintings again on my daily blog reading. You and Non-prophet too. I really like these. Not easy to do, this sort of thing and yet you've made many of them seem so natural. Keep me in mind if you ever get a feeling for swapping.

5:44 PM  
Blogger mindsprinter said...

oooh, very tempting laRose.

I made some more. forgot my digicam.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home